Thursday, March 11, 2010

Teacher Survival Kit teacher gift


Valentine's Day was practically a non-event due to all of the snow, snow, and more snow. There was no school on Friday, February 5 - Monday February 15th (President's Day). As a result I did not get to use the sweet treat cups and the Valentine's M&Ms I had originally planned. Next year! I opted for an idea by Jana, my DT sister, posted here.

I purchased this DMC floss organizer (could be used for brads, beads, etc.) and some Easter candy and filled the container for all of my daughters' 2nd grade teachers to share.

The paper is by Abbey Road, a freebie that came with my latest order to eclectic paperie. The woolie butterfly and button are BasicGrey the flowers are K&Co. and prima. I cut the letters using my Pazzles and Bazzill card stock.

Before I gave it to them I kept opening and closing the lid just to smell it :)

13 comments:

Roberta said...

That's a "survival kit" for anyone of us...lol Sorry to hear about the "snow"...Tim lives in Pittsburgh PA now and he "has had enough of it already"...lol Cortney was living there last year and they moved to LA before Christmas so they got out just in time. Tim didn't even own a shovel or boots...so I asked him if he was using "plastic bags" cause if he was...I was gonna call im a "redneck"! Have a great weekend it looks like spring is finally arriving and we turn the clocks ahead on Sat...yeah!

Anonymous said...

June, What a fun treat! I bet any teacher would love to receive a box like this. I would be afraid that the candy would be gone before it was given away.

2muchpaper said...

This is a lovely presentation and a gift from the heart. God bless you for doing this wonderful gesture.

Anjou Krelovich said...

Wow! This is fabulous June! I bet the teachers loved it!

Shauna K said...

how CUTE! what a great use for those containers- so creative! :D

Helen F. said...

June this is such a sweet treat of an idea! I am sure 'anyone' would enjoy this Survival Kit :oP

Kay said...

What a brilliant idea to use a DMC floss organizer!! I LOVE this idea!!! You've decorated the top so darling and the inside...well....I can smell the deliciousness myself!! Love this, June! ♥♥ Kay

Deb said...

June, what a wonderful idea! I love how you decorated the box, especially the woolie butterfly and button. :-)

lauren bergold said...

♥♥♥ OMG!!! ♥♥♥ miss june!!! this is sooooooooooooo flippin' brilliant, i cannot believe it! it makes me laugh AND want to make these for...well, EVERYONE...and it totally makes me want some CANDY but we won't dwell on that, eh?!

(i especially like how the candy is perfectly organized inside the little squares...the m&m's are in a sort of checkerboard, the mini pb cups are side-by-side, the small candy bars stand at attention...you make my monkish heart skip a beat, missus!!!) :)

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely stinkin' wonderful, I've actually stalked this particular project of yours several times, and now I finally logged into my blog so that I can leave a comment on yours! I totally want to make this for my kids' teachers!!

Leslie Hanna said...

CUTE! I have 5 of these boxes filled with ... every color DMC floss!

Anonymous said...

Most likely. Most likely.

Denine said...

Oh my... I love this idea June.
I am looking for a teacher gift for Pumpkin's teacher - as you know she will be leaving them - So this is the top of the LIST!

Thank you!
hugs,